Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Sorting Machine enables you to set up item delivery with accuracy and precision. Like the Filter it can be used inline (meaning between Pneumatic Tubes) or connected to an inventory (usually a Chest or a Buffer). A sorting machine can be used to colour code items which will assist with the output destinations. Sorting machines are powered through Blutricity.
Note that when changing the colours in the Sorting Machine left or right clicking will go forward or backwards (respectively) so if you miss your color you can right click to go back.
It has 7 modes, 2 more since Tekkit Classic
- Anystack Sequential: The slider moves from column to column and waits until it receives any single item in that column before moving to the next.
- Allstack Sequential: The sliders moves from column to column and waits until it receives all the items in that column before moving to the next.
- Random Allstack: Same as the previous mode, but without the moving slider.
- Any Item: Will pull any of the items starting with those in the top left of the connected inventory.
- Any Item With Default Route: Same as the previous mode, except a default colour can be set for unmatched items below the mode settings.
- Any Item Whole Stack: Will pull any of the items starting with those in the top left of the connected inventory. For each item as much as a full stack will be pulled.
- Any Item Whole Stack With Default Route: Same as the previous mode, except a default colour can be set for unmatched items below the mode settings.
Pull ModesFor when the sorting machine has an adjacent chest or other inventory it has 3 pull modes:
- Single Step: One pulse of redstone initiates a single step. The single step depends on which mode it is in.
- Automatic: Same as the previous mode, but the machine pulses itself on a regular basis. A Redstone Pulse is not needed in this mode.
- Single Sweep: For use when a mode with a slider is selected. Every redstone pulse is remembered and for each one full cycle of the slider is completed.
- 2 Red-Doped Wafers
- 5 Iron Ingots
- 1 Blue Alloy Ingot
- 1 Filter
- Raw materials
- 3 Red-Doped Wafers (Alloy Furnace: 4 Redstone; 1 Silicon Wafer)
- 6 Iron
- 1 Redstone Dust
- 2 Gold
- 9 Cobblestone
- 3 Wooden Planks
- 1 Blue Alloy Ingot (Alloy Furnace: 4 Nikolite; 1 Silver Ingot)
Allows the sorting of any item by assigning each item a color tag and then it is sent to its respective chest
Input : Pneumatic Tubes or chest placed on input side of Sorting Machine (marked with standard redpower mod graphic of cross - the yellow eye dots are closest to this side)
Output : Pneumatic Tubes or chest placed on output side of Sorting Machine (marked with standard redpower mod graphic of hole - redstone indicator light is closest to this side)
Power : Blutricity
To assign a color to your tubes for your items to be directed by the machine, you must use a paint brush. Colored items can either go in un-colored tubes (so plan accordingly) or same-color painted tubes (e.g. red into red). Un-colored items can not go into colored tubes.
If you are having problems, make sure that the chest is on the correct side of the sorting machine (input : double holes) and output (opposite side).
There are a total of sixteen different colors that the sorting machine will accept.
If the Sorting Machine is directly connected to a chest filled with a single item (ex: Condenser chest of redstone) you can then sort up to 8 colors of output. However if it is connected in-line it will sort only to the first color of item and never reach the others. The only way to fix this is to have an item detector in front and have it pulse every time an item goes through, moving the slider.
Changing Orientation and Recovery
As mentioned earlier, Sorting Machines can be used either inline (spliced into a Pneumatic Tube network) or next to a source (chest). What you need to be aware of is the two different uses of the Sorting Machine have different redstone requirements. When placed inline, the machines will work much better if NOT given a redstone pulse. However, if the Sorting Machine is being used directly to suck items out of a source chest then it needs a pulse to do so.
To state it differently, if an item is already moving through your tube network (via Filter, Retriever, or other) and bumps into the back of a Sorting Machine, the Sorting Machine will sort/color it all by itself with no signals needed. However, if the Sorting Machine is going to be responsible for the initial filling of a tube network with items then it needs to be signalled (via redstone) to do so.
If you plan on using the sorting machine to sort tools into a chest, don't. Use diamond pipes instead. Sorting machines will not recognize tools with different amounts of usage as being the same tool and will cause some problems with your system.
The video below shows you how to use the Sorting Machine from the basics all the way up a scale-able, automated inventory and factory sorting system. While it was built using Tekkit Classic, it works identically in Tekkit Lite.