Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Canning Machine is used to package food and fuel into containers. Tin Cans can be used to process and package food items for more convenient use. The Canning Machine is also used to fill Empty Fuel Cans using Coalfuel Cells or Biofuel Cells, as well as packing CF Pellets into the CF Backpack.
The Canning Machine has two input slots and one output slot. Items to be filled (e.g. Empty Tin Cans) are placed in the bottom slot. Items to be packaged are placed in the top slot.
The number or items required to fill an empty container may not be equal. If multiple items are required to fill one container, then items will be processed and the fill progress bar will remain incomplete until the container is filled. If a single item can fill multiple containers, then the canning operation will not begin until enough empty containers are loaded to process at least one item.
- This machine is an LV device and will explode if fed with more than 32 EU/t.
- The Canning Machine does not have any slots for adding Storage, Overclocker or Transformer upgrades.
- Canned food always restores one point of hunger as well as healing one heart worth of damage. This makes canning food very worthwhile. Eat a can of food by right clicking while holding the can (like any food item) and you will be given an empty can in return. Empty cans can be refilled indefinitely. If there is no room in your inventory to hold the empty can, it will be dropped on the ground.
- Filled Cans can be stacked up to 64 even if the food items used to fill them are different or will not stack, allowing disparate foods to be carried more compactly. The only exception is "bad" canned food which may have different negative effects.
- Filling Tin Cans with Rotten Flesh,Spider Eyes or raw chicken,you will get a Filled Can with a footnote reading "This looks bad..." Eating this can will bestow the same negative status effect as the item that filled it.
- Foods that give a non-integer number of hunger points will have the number of filled cans produced rounded up. For example, Cooked Fish will restore 2.5 hunger points if eaten normally, but will fill 3 cans and therefore will restore 3 hunger (and 3 health) if canned before eating.
- Jetpacks cannot be filled 100% without wasting some fuel, as 6 Coal/Biofuel cells is the minimum amount for processing and no multiple of cells can achieve 100%.